Warranty Terms and Conditions
Each new lodge and static caravan comes with a minimum 3 year guarantee, subject to the terms and conditions below. This does not affect your rights under the Sale of Goods Act. The Polar Lodges warranty only applies to the first owner of the lodge or caravan.
Our warranty excludes the following:
- Damage caused by wear and tear consistent with the age and usage of the lodge/caravan.
- Damage caused by modifications or works carried out by the owner or a third party.
- Damage caused by a lack of routine maintenance as set out in the Maintenance Obligations section/information sheet.
- Faults/damage caused by: neglect, misuse of the lodge/caravan, fire, impact, vandalism, burglary, aircraft, act of violence, riot, civil commotion, civil war, war, explosion, animal infestation and acts of God: fire, flood, storm, tempest, tornado, hurricane and other freak weather conditions.
- Damage caused by disruption to domestic services such as mains electrical, gas, water or drainage supply.
- Damage due to condensation, damp, mildew, fungus, dry rot, corrosion, leakage or ingress of water (unless determined to be a manufacturing fault or defect).
- Any costs you incur for removal, storage or alternative accomodation if it is necessary for you or anyone normally living in the lodge to move out so that work may be done.
- Loss of enjoyment, use, income or business opportunity, inconvenience, distress or any other consequential loss.
- Water damage due to pipes not being checked properly during commisssioning.
- Fault/damage caused during siting of lodge/caravan.
- Fault/damage attributable to improper siting of lodge/caravan.
- Blown light bulbs, fluorescent tubes and spotlights.
- Damage caused by non-approved cleaning chemicals.
- Tap washers and thermocouples.
- Colour fading due to strong sunlight.
- Cosmetic damage including but not limited to minor cracks, shrink cracks and creaking floorboards.
- Accidental damage.
General Terms and Conditions
- The warranty only applies to lodges/caravans purchased and sited in the UK.
- The warranty only applies to the first owner of the lodge/caravan.
- Polar Lodges does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential losses that you may suffer as the result of a manufacturing defect.
- The lodge/caravan must be regularly maintained (see Maintenance Obligations information sheet).
- Any electrical maintenance work carried out must be accompanied by relevant certification. Failure to do so will invalidate the warranty.
- Polar Lodges will not accept responsibility for any damage, faults or losses incurred by the lodge/caravan being used as a demonstrator unit.
- All claims must be submitted in writing.
These Warranty Terms and Conditions form part of our Company General Terms and Conditions - please click here to view.